SQL Server Integration Services is a Data warehousing tool that used to perform ETL operations; i.e. extract, transform and load data. SQL Server Integration also includes a rich set of built-in tasks.
- Tightly integrated with Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server
- Easier to maintain and package configuration
- Allows removing network as a bottleneck for insertion of data
- Data can be loaded in parallel and various locations
- It can handle data from different data sources in the same package
- SSIS consumes data which are difficult like FTP, HTTP, MSMQ, and Analysis services, etc.
- Data can be loaded in parallel to many varied destinations
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services link : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39931