The MQ Light messaging API is based on AMQP 1.0. The API provides most of the messaging capability needed for the majority of publish/subscribe and point-to-point messaging flows.
The MQ Light API has the following messaging features:
- At-most-once message delivery
- At-least-once message delivery
- Topic string destination addressing
- Message and destination durability
- Shared destinations to allow multiple subscribers to share workload
- Client takeover for easy resolution of hung clients
- Configurable read ahead of messages
- Configurable acknowledgment of messages
Some of the benefits of AMQP are as follows:
- An open standardized protocol
- Compatibility with other open source AMQP 1.0 clients
- Many open source client implementations available
The IBM MQ Light API is based on the OASIS Standard AMQP Version 1.0 wire protocol.