- 1 Java 7
- 2 Java 8
- 3 Java 9
- 4 Java 10
- 5 Java IDE's
- 6 Java Frameworks
- 7 Java Toolkit
- 8 Java Interview Questions and Answers
There are dozens of features added to Java 8, the most significant ones are mentioned below −
- Lambda expression − Adds functional processing capability to Java.
- Method references − Referencing functions by their names instead of invoking them directly. Using functions as parameter.
- Default method − Interface to have default method implementation.
- New tools − New compiler tools and utilities are added like 'jdeps' to figure out dependencies.
- Stream API − New stream API to facilitate pipeline processing.
- Date Time API − Improved date time API.
- Optional − Emphasis on best practices to handle null values properly.